View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default re: 2 the guy who is up his own

I have to agree with silverbear on this one. I don't think I'd ever go into the custom parts biz simply because some people you simply can't make happy no matter what you do. Some people don't understand that most of the vendors here are doing this as a side business, they're not some big company with 100's of people on staff and darn it sometimes your real job just has to come first.

I doubt any of the vendors is getting rich off their products and we should consider ourselves lucky that we have people who are willing to take on the troubles involved in making and selling custom parts.

Another thing to remember is ordering something from a vendor, paying though paypal with your paypal account name or credit card then coming here to ask about the status of your order is like giving someone a different name every time you ask them something. When you make an order put a LOT of info in the comments box, I do and vendors always seem to know who I am when I ask questions.

It won't be long until we'll be crying because no one makes or sells parts for our hobby because they've all decided it's more trouble then it's worth and people constantly making stabs at "certain unnamed vendors" is just the way to do it. Got a problem with somebody, call 'em out but don't hide behind innuendos. Mods included.

Last edited by Kevlarr; 08-15-2010 at 09:58 AM.