View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Trials and Tribulations - A Build to Remember

. I should note too that I have 60 miles on my current tank of gas with a pint still left in it. I can't put a true half gallon in it due to the angle in which it's mounted so I'd say the resonator is working. A commercially built kit called the Boost Bottle is available on Ebay. I don't know how well they work though some others swear by them.

Safety is important to me. I'd rather be riding my bike than lying in the emergency room so I invested in some cheap add-ons like a speedometer, a brake/tail/turn signal light with a horn, a mirror, and a cushy spring loaded seat to fit my fat butt comfortably. Some gel-padded bike gloves should be used to dampen the vibration. And most important of all is a US-DOT approved helmet which is required by law in this state.

Last but not least I do wish to protect my investment. I have a cheap motion detector bike alarm and a bike cover to deter thieves and protect it from the wet environment we have here.

Well, this has been a somewhat long winded post however I hope that my experiences and solutions will help others with their projects. See attached pics for clarification.

Thanks and safe riding!

P.S. I did take the cover off the clutch side of the engine to find no grease in there! I put just enough to cover the teeth on both gears to reduce the whine noise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0023.JPG (133.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0024.JPG (134.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0011.JPG (122.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0012.JPG (97.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0013.JPG (102.2 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by jburr36; 07-18-2008 at 02:59 AM. Reason: spelling