Re: Help.. Broken Bottom engine casing.
I am sure that bairdco will chip in too.
1. Remove the gear case cover and then remove the lock screw for the flower nut.
2. Hold the clutch lever in against the handlebar grip with tape or wire.
3. Push in against the clutch plate with one hand and with the other hand, using your fingers, tighten the flower nut untill it is snug. That is your starting point.
4. Unscrew the flower nut 1 to 1 1/2 turn, aligning one of the notches in the flower nut with the hole that the lock screw threads into. Install lock screw but don't tighten it just yet.
5. Remove tape or wire from clutch lever and let the clutch lever release.
6. Tighten the lock screw and reinstall the gear case cover.
"It's a chinagirl. It's a sometimes fun little engine that often will break your heart. It's disposable.
Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Last edited by GearNut; 08-03-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Reason: proper order of operation