View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Help.. Broken Bottom engine casing.

I had some JB Weld stuff that sort of works like clay. I used it to built up the area, and i did my best to smooth the area inside and where the cover touches. I think i did a pretty good job. see pics.

I did lose the half moon key, but i bought new ones. So i have them, i did have the halfmoon key come loose on me before so i am sort of familiar with it, i know that its very important. But i think that maybe last time i re-installed it i must have not done a very good job because i'm pretty sure it was that key coming loose and getting caught up in the gears that caused this. I would really welcome any instruction or suggestions on how to install the half moon key, everything seems to be in good conditions, gears and everything.
oh i did also buy a seal thing, i dont know what its called. I took a pic, i'm pointing to it with the pen. It looked a little worn to me, i'm not sure how hard it is to change or how important it is, but at the time i was thinking it was going to be rebuilding the whole thing.. so i thought i should just change it. Suggestions?

Again.. thanks so much!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike 006.jpg (151.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg bike 009.jpg (157.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (161.1 KB, 108 views)