View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Trailers/Carts Tips and Ideas

Originally Posted by MatCauthon137 View Post
I was thinking about putting my child trailer on my bike but i was concerned about the exhaust fumes, carbon monoxide getting to the kids, i like the way yours is set up, it is stretch so the exhaust is no where near the trialer, so you probably don't have to worry. i have a standard kit, no upgrades, so the exhaust is near my petal, standard beach crusier, not a stretch, will the exhaust fumes still reach the kids you think, or should i get an after market exhaust and see if i can move it further away from the trailer? the only thing I am really worried about is the fact that if the trailer is closed the fumes may gather in it, obviously i am near the exhaust just sitting on the bike and they don't kill me so...I just need an opinion i guess...
here are a few pics of when I was using a 2smoke on a Jaguar cruiser from Target, notice the exhaust is pointing down rather than back,,,I think it helped, because I used to ask the girls after every ride and they never said they could smell 'anything stinky'

Intelligence is learning from your own mistakes,
Wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others

EZ Motorbike Dealer - Fountain Hills, AZ
EZ Motorbike of Fountain Hills