View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Bending the stock exhaust, how far?

Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
best cheap way to bend it is with a torch (just a regular Bernzomatic torch works fine) and a piece of pipe or a rod that fits inside the exhaust.
i used a 3' long solid tent stake that was laying around in the garage.
Necessity is the mother of invention, but can you put a link up for how the heck you swapped the Intake and Exhaust ports?
It has to be more than just rotating the cylinder 180 degrees doesn't it?

As far as little bends on the exhaust pipe I didn't have any fancy tools when I needed to, I don't even have big bench vice so like bairedco I just used what I had around.

In my case that meant something heavy but not damaging to hold the pipe so I could bend it a bit and I found just the thing in my garage as well.

Hehehehe, ya, my Truck Vice ;-}

I just put a rounded kit mount bracket under the bend point to reduce any flat spot, a piece of 2x4 on top to bite in some to hold and not damage the tire, and then 'close the vice', hence lower the jack.

Then just a little slipper clad leverage and a slow pull.

All I needed was a little less angle so the pipe didn't hit the frame so I don't know if that will help the other way like your question going the other way, but it might give you some ideas how you could if think outside the box ;-}
KC's Krusiers Builds