View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 02:30 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default re: Huffy Santa Fe Motorized Bicycle

Used the wait time to look over everything again. I realized I had the wrong spring on the clutch arm, so I swapped that and got it right. Kept reading about tight clutch and mine was like butter because the spring was wrong and cable adjusted wrong. Now it works firm, but it releases and is adjusted so the locking lever will allow it to sit and idle hands off. I also took some JBWeld and a zip tie, pulled it all the way snug and attached it to the front of the throttle mechanism. Did this because the cable kept popping out of the socket. I tried adjusting the angle on the tube and nothing worked until this little fix. The mechanism works great now that it dried, snaps right back to idle position and full travel.

It shouldnt be long for the master link and 1/2 link, but still a wait. I'm hoping I can get away without using the tensioner. I've read too many horror stories. I used 2 washers to shove the hub over a hair and playing with the chain, it looks like I will have enough clearance.