View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Why did I join this great Motorized Bicycle forum?

A guy at work showed up riding one of these contraptions one day and I knew I had see it before, like from my childhood

It was driving me crazy so I went on a cyber quest and kept running into this site
I mentioned it to my mother and she reminded me of an old rusted dilapidated Schwinn Whizzer that belonged to my dad in my grandmother's barn that I used to play on when I was about 3 or 4
Then she showed me a picture of her first bike that her father had pick up in New Orleans , a Simplex

I told an older friend about it and he promptly ordered an engine from a guy with a bumblebee logo and a Walmart Huffy Cranbrook
That thing was the most fun I have had in a long time, both building and riding

Then I bought a used motorized mountain bike, that I still can't get running, for my oldest son and an OCC chopper along with a good running Kikker Napa Bonesaw scooter, for $125, to build into a motor scoot for his daughter

I finally found the bike I wanted as my first, a Schwinn Point Beach cruiser and ordered my 66cc motor for it two days ago

I'm fairly invested into the hobby now and this is the best forum I have found for it