View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Why did I join this great Motorized Bicycle forum?

I got into this hobby when my Dad was looking on the net for electric bike kits and stumbled onto gasbike.net. He ordered one of the 48cc kits, spur of the moment. I laughed at him when he told me what he had ordered. But when it came in, I helped him install it on a cheapy Schwinn Del Mar and decided that it actually looked pretty cool. Then I went for a ride! That day I ordered my own kit. I moved in with my old man when I started trade school to be an aircraft mechanic, it helps not having to pay rent when you are a full time student. Now that I've graduated and work part time in my field, I still live here because of that PART TIME part of my job. But motorized bikes have given me and Dad something to do together. It has become our father-son thing. He currently has 2 bikes up and running and I'm working on my second build. So far we are only two of three people in this town that have a motorized bicycle and the other guy is a real A-hole, so we don't associate.

I joined this forum because everyone seemed friendly and knowledgeable. I figured that when I needed to ask a question, this would be the place to ask. I never even saw the "other" forum until after I had joined this one. From what little I have read "over there" it doesn't look like a place that I want to be a part of.