View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: Am I going crazy? Why wont my fuel flow enough to the carb?

Once a blue moon on a hard run my Morini would die out of no where, but start right back up. I was going to adjust the float but never did. It started behaving. I would take a close look at the carby got trash in it some how? Do that first before messing with the float. Are we talking Morini or China? Still suggest the same get a closer look at the carb. With the float bowl bottom cover off it should flow very well when working the float.

Tank could be building a vacuum too . Might not have enough venting at the fuel cap.

I had a cheesy pet cock from a china kit kept getting trash in it and clogging. The tank filter gave away. That one annoyed me. I could not find a replacement petcock as messing with it I gave up on it looked like a bad part waiting to happen at the time.

My china kit has a swamp cooler shut off valve at the tank. [The little valve that ties onto the outside house water spigot.] That thing can't get clogged much larger of an opining in it's pathway . Never leaked never clogged I use a inline filter further down stream with it for the carb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg close-down-swamp-cooler-season-1.3-800X800.jpg (85.6 KB, 92 views)
Still gotta have a since of humor.

Last edited by Goat Herder; 07-16-2010 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Make my words clearer