View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Front brake kits

Originally Posted by muldrick View Post
Exactly which kit did you get?
My Huffy Cranbrook (from WallyWorld) has the (what looks like) aluminum wheel.
The one I have on mine is the first link I listed, it should work fine on your bike, I listed the additional links just so you could see that the guy has a good amount of options, just ,make sure that if you order from him or anyone else that they list the length of the caliper arms because anything shorter than 4" inches will not work on the 26" Huffy Cranbrook, the ones I listed in the post above are all long enough, and should work fine on your bike.
Here is another guy that has an entire KIT which includes everything you need, he claims the measurement is 70-90mm from center of stud to brake shoes that would be 2.75 - 3.54 inches, i'm not sure how they are measuring it so I would contact and ask them to measure from stud to end of caliper and see if it is 4" long in that area. this is a real good price $14.50 on the whole set up and he is offering free shipping to boot.

Here's the link: BICYCLE (F) SIDE PULL BRAKE SET+LEVER(R)+WIRE TIP NEW - eBay (item 230412496848 end time Aug-11-10 14:57:24 PDT)

Last edited by mapbike; 07-15-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: added text