View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: PVC gas tank question. Please help

Originally Posted by ferball View Post
Some Pvc glue is not gas resistent,and regular white PVC will degrade with prolonged UV exposure, nothing critical but it will become more brittle, so i believe the grey conduit might make a better long term tank. That being said I will probably make a regular white pvc tank this week end because that is what i have lying around.
In the case of the sun degradeing the pipe I would think that most would paint the tank and this would cure the sun exposure issue, as for the glue to use I think I would use Seal-All contact Cement, I have used it on gas tanks and to seal threads on carb. fittings, even fixed a brass carb float that had a hole in it with the stuff, Gas and oil will not bother it at all.

I had thought about the PVC tank myself but was unsure about if it could take the gas, now I'm for sure gona build me one for one of my bikes.

pics are of the Seal-All I mentioned earlier, Home Depot has it in there area where they stock all the super glue and Epoxy glues over by where they mix and sell their house paints and supplies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seal-All_1.jpg (463.4 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg Seal-All_2.jpg (236.0 KB, 113 views)