View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Attn: guys that run 100 to 1

I've read about people's engine's overheating when running 100:1 in their engines. I've also seen pictures of guys that run their engines too rich with Saber, and it's just all gross and oily inside.

In that respect, I am currently running ~50:1 in my engine with a mixture of Amsoil Saber and some Marvel Mystery Oil. I replaced 20% of my Saber with MMO as in the directions, so I'm actually running 62:1 Saber and .5 ounces of MMO per gallon to get me down to about 50:1. My hopes are that the MMO will clean out all of the crappy non-synthetic oil I was running at 32:1 during my break-in period, and also, it will clean up any potential build up that the Amsoil will produce by running it too rich, while also protecting my engine from heat.

I have to say, ever since I switched to Saber with MMO, my engine is about 40% quieter, not to mention my exhaust smells like peppermint from the MMO. Lol.

Edit: Also I have to add, I chose Saber over Opti2 because Opti2 isn't synthetic. Go to their website and read what it is. Here's a quote I pulled from Google:

"Opti-2 is NOT a synthetic. I always thought so too, until I called the company and spoke with the president himself. It is actually a parafin based product, so he said I should not refer to it as synthetic. Gets sticky sometimes with the all the types being hawked these days (eg. Semi synthetic, SUV synthetic, older engine formula, etc.)."

Last edited by TehInteractive; 07-10-2010 at 07:13 PM.