View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 02:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Need some help with monarch replica front susp.

Originally Posted by sportscarpat View Post
Read this first. • View topic - Monark fork Repair
Then place the swing arm plates outside the fork legs. From the outside working in place the shoulder bolt through the swing arm, place the two spacer washers on, run the shoulder bolt through the fork tube holes, add the small washer then the lock nut. Look closely at the pictures. If you really want them perfect just send them to me and I will make them right. I even align all the fork tube ends and fix the fork so you can press on a crown race. Crown race included.
How much is the service? I'm definately interested since I plan to use these forks on my next build even if they don't work on this one.

I changed out the plates and hardware and took some more pics. As you can see, the problem is the width of the spokes at the base, (about 3 inches) and the width between the lock-nuts, (only 2 5/8ths inches) . There just doesn't seem to be enough room. What is the width on the Worksman wheels?
The pics don't show well, but the nuts are partially inside the spokes, (even I know that that's not a good idea)

BTW, I love your bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01409.JPG (99.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01410.JPG (89.6 KB, 51 views)