View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: What My Local Bike Shop Thinks....

It's a good idea to get to know the bike shop guy before mentioning the engine part...[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, that was my plan with my local bike shop owner because I think maybe having the motor on the bike may make some of them feel like you are getting one up on them and that causes them to react in a negative way toward the bike with a motor on it, I wanted to make him feel that in a small way he was a part of what I had done so maybe he would see the bike and the first thought would be something like ( Hey.... those are my parts on that bike and it look kinda cool) that way the guy see's that he prospered in some way from what I had done with the bike, I even bragged about a couple of the parts and let him know how much I was enjoying having them on my bike, some may say that is just plain sucking up, but it wasnt sucking up it was just what I choose to call "Wise Flattery" If you make them feel good about it they will bite and you can gently reel them in, kinda like dealing with most women......! WOW....! (That statement could get me in big trouble with the wife....!)