View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: What My Local Bike Shop Thinks....

Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
Spandex or not, they have a right to be there just as much as you do. If they bother you that much I suggest you take public transportation.
I said that it makes me feel like doing it, I didn't say I do it! Relax dude! Besides, I don't have power extend on my mirrors. I'd have to stop, get out, pull out my passenger mirror, turn around, do another u-turn, and pass them again, just too much trouble.

Originally Posted by Venice Motor Bikes View Post
I think that bicycles on the road are great & we all should watch out for them, but it really pi$$e$ me off when they hog up all the lanes & refuse to let cars pass them!
That is exactly what I'm talking about.

Yes legally they do have just as much right to be on the road, but because they are on the road means that they should also follow the rules and laws of the road. I can't tell you how many times I see them blow thru stop lights and signs just so they don't have to unclip out of their pedals. Or riding 2 or 3 abreast forcing traffic to go around them, last I checked they are supposed to be in single file. My favorite is when there is a separate path provided for bikes because the road has no shoulder, but they insist on being on the road. I'm not saying that all of them do it, but it seems like the more hardcore ones are the worst offenders.