View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Question Re: New Build Cool Stuff

Originally Posted by Creative Engineering View Post
Hello all,

I've spent a few days on this new build and finally have the engine mounted.

I did up a set of Ridley type mounts...they are a little Frankenstein-ish, (I made them on the manual mill instead of the CNC), but the motor isn't going to fall off.

I think I have figured out how to make these universal so that everyone will be able to get the benefit of this type of mount. Next build I will have more time to sort things out. This bike is going to be a present for one of my customers' wife.

I will be doing another build right after Christmas.

The other thing I did to this bike so far is a clam shell type sprocket mount...It worked out really slick...I made a sprocket to go with it, but I think I'm going to have to make another one with about 3/8" offset.

I have a bunch more stuff I'm going to add to this build...I'll keep you posted.

When it is done, it will add a whole new dimension to the name Dan gave this bike, "Big Meanie".

hello creative engineering , I don’t mean to cut in on this thread everybody but The picture of your rear wheel might get away from me if I don’t catch you now ; I saw the picture on your rear wheel of the sprocket. Will it fit the wheel on my bike in the picture ? If you could paste an link to a place I can get one I would truly appreciate it. If anyone has an link and can paste it here or PM me with details on how to get an sprocket I would appreciate it . thank you kicking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg operation2.JPG (40.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg operation3.JPG (49.1 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by kicking; 06-21-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling