View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Busted rear wheel replaced

I have locked my rear wheel at nearly WOT and it was not fun. It happened on a fresh build and I had less than 10 miles in the bike at the time. I was going around the block that I test all of my bikes on and the tentioner pulled into my spokes rusulting in the chain flying off and getting jammed up between the sprocket bolts and the bike frame. Going over the bars isn't a given but deffinatly a possability. I think that if it were not for my many years of riding BMX, MTN bikes and stupid drunk riding all of which resulted in much rubber loss from skidding sideways, I could have easily lost control of the bike. As it turned out I laid about a 60' snake looking skid, busted out about half a dozon spokes, somehow didn't blow the tire, and had to change my shorts. I don't ever want to do this again but if I hear that God awful scream of the rubber locking up again I'll hold on for dear life agaon and keep the shiney side up...Kelly
I'm racin' Spitfire, turnin', poppin' wheelies, burnin' evil chasin' pop,pop, pop,pop,pop.... (The Pixies-Tony's theme)