View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:22 PM
weekend-fun's Avatar
weekend-fun weekend-fun is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Carlos CA
Posts: 1,001
Default Re: Is this goodbye?

To register an OHV that was specially constructed, you will need:

* Application for Title or Registration (REG 343).
* A vehicle verification done by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). You must start your application process with the DMV prior to contacting the CHP for vehicle verification.
* Statement of Construction (REG 5036).
* Proof of ownership, such as invoices, receipts, manufacturer’s certificates of origin, bills of sale, or junk receipts for the major component parts (engine, frame, transmission, and body).

NOTE: A motor vehicle bond is required for the total value of the vehicle when proof of ownership cannot be obtained for parts valued at $5,000 or more.
* Off Highway Vehicle fees and use tax, if due.
* Visit your local DMV office to begin the application process; make an Appointment(s) for faster service.

NOTE: An OHV built by a licensed manufacturer cannot be registered as a specially constructed vehicle, regardless of after-market modifications or added components.
I dont see anything on age.. just on the application you need a license number or ID number. I take it that means i cant register it under ME. Maybe the mother can.....
[FONT="Courier New"]
Reply With Quote