View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Ready for second bike

Hi guys,
I'm about done with my HT setup. It works just fine, but I think I'd like something better now that I know that I both enjoy it and can rely on it. I'll probably sell my current setup (maybe to one of you guys!) and I'd like to go to both a better bike as well as motor.

It's so hard to get straight info...but here's my questions, and hopefully your answers will include links to the vendor's sites...

I would like to buy an American Made Kit...frame mounted motor. Preferrably 4-stroke. If not American, then please suggest's killing me to watch our economy go down the toilet, and still willingly send money to China, especially for the lousy quailty - you end up spending the same in the end, but maybe I'll be able to cut out some of the aggravation.

I just went to Dax's site...thinking about a Titan because of it's great reputation, but it's OUT OF STOCK. I've seen this also on a lot of his parts, and that hasn't changed for months, that's another concern.

I've also read threads about people buying Honda motors, but then what? I need a way to mount it, gear it, etc. I certainly don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I don't want to fabricate/rig parts.

Anyway, thanks in advance, and vendors: don't be shy! Without insulting other vendors, please tell us why yours is good...

Mark Turkel

HT 70cc ...lots of extras
Kulana Moon Dog Aka BLUE DOG
Like someone else said "Sticking it to the Man!"