View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Still having heat problems :(

Originally Posted by corgi1 View Post
On another thread yesterday I saw muffler blocked,,,what is your speed up to,,how does it accelerate (Taking your 's and the bike weight into concideration)if ""hot at all oil mixes"",then it does sound to be a psyical or mechanical failing (timing key?but then how strong or weak is it pulling/starting?) Take the muffler to your friendly auto repair garage and try checking aie flow through it,or looking in the ends w/a lite,or a small vaccum w/a hose and listen to air restriction build-up or not comming out the other end.
.......I don't see the cool at WOT entry above(and then was it a winter ride)
.......I got to lean toward muffler after "the same at all oil mix's thing",and "no air leaks" <-- I posted here a week ago, to reference the WOT stuff.

I haven't yet topped it out, but I can get it up to 26 mph and I feel like I could probably get a few mph on top of that.

It accelerates about how I would expect for something with only one gear-- low end is a little slow to accelerate, but after a bit it accelerates pretty well. Again, though, if I open up the throttle too far while accelerating (especially when cold) the engine will bog down. It will stay bogged down until I let off of the throttle a bit. When It's bogged down like that, as I let off the throttle, the "bogginess" stays at the same level until it gets to the throttle level it wants, and then the bogginess just shuts off-- not a gradual thing. Aside from that bogging down, the engine does not seem to have power problems-- as long as I give it the correct throttle, it shows the power I would expect. The bogging down is not a problem, as the solution is simply to not go overboard with the throttle-- but I mention it in detail in this thread in case it might be related to my overheating. If it's not causing the heat, then I don't care.

I will look more into the muffler. For what it's worth, I tried putting it to my mouth and blowing through it and I felt like I was blowing through an empty pipe.