View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 04:15 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: What Have You Done To Me?

Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
Hi Oysterville

I'll have to agree with you: it's scarey how much i want to ride my motored bike.

I've owned a lot of nice things in my life, but nothing gives me so much enjoyment as riding my motorised bicycle, especially when catching up to, and passing a group of Spandex clad cyclists on their $6,000 road racing bikes when beginning a serious hill climb.

They like to make a statement about their professionalism and exclusivity of their social group but it must wear a little thin when i'm passing by without a drop of sweat; whistling away and enjoying the ride, whilst they struggle their guts out, trying to convey the impression of achievement, doing it the hard way.

Some do it the hard way, some do it the smart way, and every time i arrive at my destination looking as fresh as a daisy, albeit smelling like a 2-stroke lawn mower.

Hey Fabian,
What gets me is the scowling look of disapproval I get from Spandexers and even get statements like "you're cheating". What gives them license to make such comments I don't understand. I keep my thoughts to myself about them. Do I volunteer fashion opinions with comments like, your helmet is ludicrous. It makes you look like an insect. Tight fitting clothes are not your best friend. I was riding behind you and know this for a fact. It's one reason I goosed the throttle and sped past you. If Spandexers are having great fun, why do they look so pissed off all the time? I'm suspicious of all religious cults and Spandexing before the God of Sweat has little appeal. I get enough exercise starting the motor, not falling off and finally getting off. To each his own. You have them in the Land Of Oz, too, then. They're everywhere, Mate!
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...