View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 03:59 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: What Have You Done To Me?

Originally Posted by meowy84 View Post
Silverbear may appreciate this but what about pets (dogs, cats?). I have a wife too (and she's great!!!!...knock on wood...haha!) but we also love animals and you know there's something to be said for the unconditional love that you get from your dog. Dogs don't care if you took out the garbage, washed the dishes, or washed yourself even, nor do they care if you come home smelling like other dogs. Wives on the other hand don't like it when you come home smelling like other wives.......
That's funny and also true. I've been married three times which does not qualify me as an expert on marriage, but I do know more than I want about divorce. Now I have Aaniimoosh The Wonder Dog as my companion and other than the romance part, life is good. As a slow learner I have finally concluded that I would have done better had I gotten the dog first and kept the ladies at arms length as girlfriends. Now I know. I like them, but find that like hot sauce, a little goes a long way. Moosh is always glad to see me, is a good listener, but doesn't talk much other than an occasional discussion about wolves. She has trouble pronouncing some words such as the L sound in wolf, but does her level best and for the most part is the strong silent type, which I appreciate. She thinks I am a great cook, loves almost all of the same things I like to eat, even enjoys a little saucer of beer now and then. She is always ready before I am when we decide to go out, loves going for motorbike rides in her trailer, likes to go fishing and knows how not to talk in a boat.
When I do transgress and fail to take her with me in the truck, her disappointment is quickly forgotten, all is forgiven, no hard feelings. No two days worth of "what's wrong. dear?...NOTHING, DID I SAY ANYTHING WAS WRONG!" Nope, Moosh doesn't give the death stare and keep an account book of what I did wrong or didn't do right or failed to think of doing or or... or more or... ( brain starts to stutter when I just think about it).
Yeah, I'm with you on this. Dogs rule!
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...