Re: before i make a mistake
it was a gap between the bike frame (down tube) and the front motor mount. the down tube measured 1 1/2'' w the motor mount is a larger than normal so i ended up with a little extra space all around. i went with bikeguyjoe's idea and used the epoxy putty witch up to this point as worked beautifully. it feels and looks really solid now. i'm waiting on some parts before i fire it back up. till then i'll work on the little things like air tight seals and such. gotta put it down for awhile though my girl is starting to get angry at me for spending to much time on my bikes than in the house with her.