Thread: Roadie Build
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Cool Re: Roadie Build

To post pictures best try resizing them smaller using a photo program, if you have one- I use 1000 on the long side of the photo- the "manage attachments" function next to the smiling face on the "advanced" toobar works great.

The petcocks on both the tank and carb are meant to be only gates and not fuel regulators, and technically should be open during operation. I did however find better performance closing the tank petcock slightly closed, at least during break-in- I think my oil mixture was lean until it built up- try a more oily mixture at first- usually you'll just get excessive smoke that way, while you get dropoff and blown motor with too lean.

It sounds like you have the newer NTS 66 carb if the petcock is also on the carb- it should work well, but steadily- I got great results after typical fall-off performance at higher revs when I put a billet intake on- it's only about 15 bucks but a little tricky to install and frame clearance may be a problem.

that's my best advice for now- a little more oily, and maybe try the petcock adjustment a little during breakin-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg billet.jpg (172.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (241.8 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg poo poo 2.jpg (277.6 KB, 124 views)