View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Maine / Holland question.

Hello Mem,
Welcome to the forum. I'd also suggest the 4 stroke even though I use just 2 strokes. I think you will have less maintenance/ tinkering with the 4 stroke setup. Initially it will cost you more, but since you are not mechanically inclined the four will give you more of a get on it and go type of ride. I'm wondering if one of the four stroke vendors could send you an assembled bike, even a used one they have that has proven it's reliability. Another possibility would be for one of the forum members in your area to build a bike for you using the bike you choose and the engine you prefer. I wonder if there is an EZ dealer anywhere near you? That Qmatic looks pretty bullet proof and buying from a dealer would give you someone to come back to if any problems develop. I'm guessing the dealers BarelyAWake mentioned do 2 strokes, but they are sure worth checking out. One of them might be willing to do a custom build for you (I don't mean fancy or anything... just the bike and drive system of your choice if it is 4 stroke. I wonder if a 24" bike would be a better size for you. It would leave less room for the motor, but put you closer to the ground. Good luck and please let us know what you do.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...