Thread: Fire
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Default Re: Fire

SB, my condolences to you!

I haven't been online here in a few days, and feels like forever. I'm still in shock didn't know bout this tragedy till a friend and forum member PM'n me to inform me bout your ordeal.

That pickem up Truck Looks like a 70 or 71 Ford F-100!

Many of you don't know this but SB is bout 60 miles north of me, he and I have PM'n each other bout maybe meetn up before his return home, unfortunately time was never on my side as far as meeting up with him. My wife loves to attend the Annual Color Fest in Thurmont, Maryland it's an awesome Festival of Arts Crafts, Bazaar/Flea Market, so many things to see and do at Color Fest!

And Thurmont/Emmitsburg Maryland has the National Firefighter Academy & The National Fallen Firefighter Memorial, just a lil history bout Silverbears home away from home in Frederick County, Maryland.

Oh yeah I'm sure Silverbear has heard the helicopters flying over head every friday evening & sunday evening picking up and dropping off the President at his retreat in Camp David, Maryland.

Silverbear, I hope you have a safe and uneventful trip back home!

Here's a Cherokee Prayer for you Silverbear

"Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,

Whose breath gives life to all the world.

Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom.

Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.

Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice

Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people.

Help me to remain calm and strong in the face of all that comes towards me.

Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock.

Help me seek pure thoughts and act with the intention of helping others.

Help me find compassion without empathy overwhelming me.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy

Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes.

So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.

Peace Crazy Horse.