View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: 40 mile ride today. 160 miles on bike. Now a gas leak!

Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
It's possible it's leaking from one of the studs. The usual place is the cap and/or the petcock, so check those first.

Interesting frame adaptation.

The link to the "other site" is probably OK here, if you tried it in reverse....hmm.....
OK, I found the problem. It looks like the tank was cracked before it was painted.

You can see where my cable guides rubbed the tank, but it was not leaking there. Just above there the paint had chipped off and there was a crack under the paint that started leaking.

So, it looks like a trip to the autoparts store today for some gas tank repair putty.

As for the link to the other forum, sorry about that guys, but thay allow photo albums, that means you can put all your pics there and then you do not have to put the pics in every message. Since I had the pics there already, I thought I would just link to them. This board has a five pic limit per message and that includes smiles so it would have taken multiple messages to load the pics.

Thanks for understanding and wish me luck with the tank repair.

By the way, I did order another tank for the rear of the bike. Here is a couple of links to that one.

Rear Fuel Tank - $42.99

</title> <base href=""> <meta name="description" content=" - 2-Stroke Engine Kits,4-Stroke Engine Kits,2-Stroke Parts,4-Stroke Parts," /> <meta name="keywords" content="2-Stroke Engine Kits,4-Stroke Engine Kits,2-Stroke

I plan on using both tanks if I can repair the teardrop tank.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image037.jpg (83.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Image038.jpg (81.1 KB, 41 views)