View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Endless Money Pit !!!!!

We have a few major advantages over the present/future scooter owners. Yes we may spend a lot of money on our "cool" hobby, but try going to Wal-Mart or any other "basic" store for that matter and find parts for your scooter. I can go to the local hardware, toy, basic store and find bearings, brakes, tires, tubes, etc. for my bike if I have to. Try that with a scooter....didn't think so. We may spend as much as scooter owners but aside from the "cool" factor, and the ease of finding parts the question arises where is the PRIDE? The fact that each of these bikes are one of a kind NOT bought from a store/web site makes these valued higher than any scooter already. Ask any motorized bicycle owner who built their motorized bicycle and watch their chest swell a little and listen to the tone of voice change when they say "ME". There is a sense of pride and accomplishment that comes with creation. That is what separates the men from the boys, and the motorized bicycle owners/fabricators from the scooter owners.

We may not be as fast as them......But we don't need to be.

Douglas A. Goldner Proud member of the motorized bicycle tribe. =)
Hope it Helps. I am also a proud member of the 20 MPH. club