Originally Posted by hunterkn
Thanks ya'll, Are there any must have mods? Im wanting to put a springer fork on it and curious to see how it would look with some ape-hanger style handle bars. I think they would make the bike more comfy for me, im a taller guy. Any input to make my bike better is appreciated.
I'm a noob myself - just got my bike working last week, and am still breaking it in. Am also interested in what mods/upgrade parts are recommended.
I just got back from the bike store and Auto parts store with the following:
- NGK spark plug (I've been running the plug that came with the kit)
- Good, thick cruiser bicycle chain - coaster brakes don't work when your chain snaps.
- Mirror for handlebars, so I can see traffic coming up behind me.
- Everything needed to add a front brake (caliper, handle and cable) - I've read articles that stA front brake provides 70% of stopping power
Other Upgrades I'm considering:
- Upgraded fuel line and petcock (mine leaks quite a bit)
- Chain tensioner with bearing - I just know that thing is going to wear out quickly.
- Heavy Duty Center Kickstand, as it seems a bit precarious leaning that heavy bike to one side.
- New helmet - Currently using my bicycle helmet.