Thread: Sprocket Sizes
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Sprocket Sizes

I have a 41T on my bike with 66cc engine, I am 200lbs and its on a bike with suspension front forks and a few other things that add maybe 15-20lbs to the weight of the bike which is fairly heavy being that it is an American made frame that is thicker than the China frames, I can cruise @28-30 with the rpm's at a managable level, it will go 38MPH WOT topped out but revs are through the roof and not at all comfortable, I have many fairly good hills out where I live and it pulls me up the hills pretty good, I usually hit the top of them still running @ 23-25 MPH if I hit the throttle hard 20-30 yards before I start up the hill, I'm thinking of trying a 36T I have just to see how it will pull me so that I can cruise @ 30-32 with less revs but I may have to pedal a little at the top of the hills at times, I will find out when I make the switch in a month or so.

My point here is that I really like the 41T over the 44T myself I have ran both and the 41T is a good all around gearing in my opinion.