View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 07:16 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Silverbear's sidecar

Thank you for your very kind and complimentary words. I'm sure we can all use some more good redneck technology. I have always admired small time farmers for their jack of all trades can do approach to things. Fixing the tractor with something found in the junk pile, re using one thing in place of another. I've met some very smart farmers with a lot of knowledge about a wide range of things. Same goes for mechanics who can listen to an engine and see in the mind's eye what is going on. A good mechanic is a good detective able to reason things out. I'm not much of a mechanic, can't weld, am still learning a lot of pretty basic things about bikes in general and motor bikes in particular thanks to this site. What I'm pretty good at is recognizing a good idea when I see it and listening to people who know more than I do. And this place is loaded with ideas and folks who know an awful lot. What I can't get over is how freely information and ideas are shared here. Pretty cool. Thanks again. Share pictures when you make your sidecar.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...