View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:15 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Silverbear's sidecar

Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
That Sir is first rate. I personally can hear the hum of happiness now as you and the Wonder Puppy travel down the road.
Thinking now I should have found a trailer.

Thanks, Steve. I think it's going to work OK. A couple things I want to do before running it are first to move the wheel forward so that it is midway on the sidecar. I should have thought of that before. It is simple enough to re drill holes and move the axle mounts forward. I'm also going to beef up the connection between the long pipe section coming off the T fitting which runs parallel to the frame of the trailer. It will get bolted directly to the frame. I don't like just using the hose clamps and it will also keep it from rotating under any condition. I walked it around and found that the bike leans either way as far as you want it to while the trailer seems to stay pretty level. This is going to work better than I had thought it might. At least I think so. Final judgments come with putting some miles on it. It may take some getting used to.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...