View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Silverbear's sidecar

Originally Posted by diceman2004 View Post
man i realy like that storebought unit in your first pic , i really like the mounting .
you are a pretty ingenious guy , i,m sure yours will come out nice
i,ve been looking for a trailer for my bike ( there were lots for sale last week on kijiji )
but i was broke , 1 week of nice weather and now theres none to be found ( well at least no cheap used ones anyways .
can,t wait to see the updates
Yeah, that Chariot is very clever. I like it, too. But I'm sure we can come up with our own ways to adapt a used bike trailer into our own chariots of the dogs (hmmm, I like that "chariots of the dogs") for a lot less than $500.00. That seems a little excessive to me. If you find a trailer at a yard sale or in the paper (don't know what kiiji is) make sure you get the mounting hardware. I know you can buy just the little axle hardware piece by itself from instep, but with shipping it isn't cheap and you might pay more for it than you did for the trailer. Although I imagine there is a way to make that piece, especially if a person can weld, which leaves me out. Next time I take pictures I'll make sure I get a closeup of the hardware piece that came with the trailer originally.
So far we haven't really changed enough on the trailer that it can no longer be a trailer again. That would be cool if it was pretty easily convertible.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...