View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Fat Knobby Tires?

Way more fun building from scratch than just throwing an engine on an already built, store bought bike. In some cases way more expensive too, lol, but definitely worth it if you enjoy it and consider it a hobby and not a business. I'm passed the "i'm gonna get rich building bikes" phase and I've come to the conclusion that if you love building them then you have to learn to have patience especially if you are not rich and can't buy all your parts at one time. When I first started building them I'd open up the box that the engine came in and rush to get it mounted and get the bike finished. Now, I can spend days just on one part of a build and I want to learn more and more. Unfortunately down here there are no other guys or gals into building them and I'm all by myself on the learning curve. Luckily I have you guys and this forum which is a virtual fountain of knowledge and information on everything there is to know on building them and the caution and safety you need to have when it comes to riding them. What would we do without each other, lol.