Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Introduction

Tom...Thank you very much for the cordial invitation. And, thanks to everyone who has been so nice in their welcomes. I really feel like I have fit right in to this batch of forums.

I presume that you might think the members would be interested in my build. If so, here goes. It is a sapphire blue, Trailmate Meteor, recumbent trike (Delta) with 21 Shimano pedal gears...altho we know that means only about 13-14 gears. The mods I have made are: change out the light weight aluminum 20” wheels for Husky, Skyway 24” wheels with nubbier tires and thorn-proof tubes. I still want to put on a pair of fatter, balloon tires, but not quite yet. I put on a Staton custom gear box w/14&18 tooth final drive gears, and Robin-Subaru EH035 4-stroke engine. I also installed led headlight, taillight, and a cable lock. Around here, you either lock it down, nail it down, or take it with you. Tourists are vicious! I added flashing r/w/b valve caps for safety. No extra storage for now, since I don‘t plan on going more than 10 or so miles from home and back for now.

About a mile or so from here, we have a beautiful Water Park, that sits on about a mile square piece of Public Park property. It is riddled with freshly paved bike trails. All I have to do is motor over there, cut the motor, and pedal the trails...quite refreshing and you meet quite a few ‘neat’ people. If I want to stop into the Water Park during the summer, residents get in for free and it has a soft drink hot dog/hamburger bar, and a 100’+ water slide, and a quite long tube stream to just relax in. I will guess y’all might want to see a photo or two of the trike...hang in there, I'm having some trouble with the photos.