View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Need help with some direction.

Alrighty - been a little bit since I've updated - but I've been waiting until I had something to update

I got my engine kit yesterday - 66cc Flying Horse from Bike Berry.

Just tried to follow the directions and what not - realized that is is probably a good idea to read through everything that I am doing.... Put the sprocket on backwards at first and had to take everything off and do it again - ugh - but it was still fun.

Then I got to the point of mounting the engine and ran into some trouble. I probably have to make some modifications or something - but I am kind of unsure what to do exactly. I did try reading through a bunch of posts on motor mounting - but I am still kind of confused. I also looked at some other Schwinn Point Beachs here on the forum - but most of the pics weren't taken to show how they were mounted so it was kind of hard to see.

If I can I would like an option that doesn't require welding - as I don't have any quick access to welding stuff. (My father-in-law has a bunch of useful welding and machining stuff - lives 6 hours away).

Here are some pictures with explanations for what is going on.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for the help!

(btw - aviary is the software I used to mark up those images - it is free and you can host them online right from the tool - it's good stuff! Might be useful for other members here.)