View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:02 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Very new at this

Just a few quick comments on what I feel competent answering. The plug wire just screws (twists) into the cdi box. Really simple. The old one just unscrews (to the left). Try it and you'll see how easy it is.
A mini bike twist throttle will work fine (look on ebay) or you might even post a wanted in the swap and shop part of the forum. No doubt someone has an extra kit throttle.
Sounds like things are coming along for you. Good you figured out the carb needle adjustment. Not hard either, but everything is daunting first time around. Careful with the spring shooting off on you or losing the little washer with the cutout. I lost mine the other day while putting a longer throttle cable on and made one from a washer, cutting out a little portion with the dremel tool cutoff wheel. If you do much more of this bike work at some point do yourself a favor and get a dremel mototool or clone of one. An inexpensive one is good if you're on a budget and used is ok, too. If you're going to use one a lot, then new and spiffy is even better. I have two, both old, basic and used. I don't know how I would do this work without one. i have not heard good things about an octane booster or special fuels. Good you found opti-2 locally. I have heard nothing but good things about the SBP expansion chamber. I'm sure you'll like it. I can't comment on the CNS carb or the intake manifold as mine are stock. Good luck to you.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...