Originally Posted by K.i.p
I have been giving this some thought after reading a similar post. Here is a potential bachelor solution. Throw the nuts or BB's into the tank. Wrap the tank in one or two blankets and some masking tape. Put the tank into a dryer with heat turned down, set for 90 minutes or an hour. Instant tumbler. A third blanket or articles of clothing could be added to reduce the thumpa-thumpa-thumpa.
That is a good way to blow yourself to sky high.
Never put a tank in the dryer, unless of course you have never put a drop of gas in it.
ALSO, do NOT use a shop vac on the tank.
Use some diesel, or K-1 kerosine and aquarium gravel.
No sparks, static, heat, volatile gasoline.
The stuff from inside your tank is mostly metal, paint, crud and somebodys' left over lunch remnants. Use an inline filter always, always, always.
It won't hurt your engine since a non-running engine is very difficult to damage.