View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Need help with some direction.

I think it would be asking a lot for any of these small engines to pull another person and a trailer. That's a difficult taskt for many small motorcycles. I like to use a chain and lock rather than the big U shaped ones. You can wrap the chain around the seat post and lock it there and it's out of the way but handy. A set of bicycle saddlebags are a great thing for carrying junk as is a rack or seat bag. I like the saddlebags because they're easy to remove from the bike and carry with you when you get where you're going. Prevents the light fingered ones from getting into trouble. I try to get in around 25 miles per week to work myself into reasonable shape for the warm part of the year, it takes more work at my age to keep the legs in shape though there's not much I can do about arthritic knees. One personal rule I have with the motorized bicycle is not to ride farther on it than I can pedal or walk back from. These are great little machines but not as reliable as a Honda scooter or bike.
Goldwing 1500, Silverwing 600, Schwinn 49