View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Talking Re: CNS Carb. Question.?

Hey guys I got my bike running much better now took one of the NT carbs and soldered the main jet up and redrilled it with a #73 bit still got a little sputter and bump at mid throttle but is reving pretty good now, I could get a #70 bit through the jet before I soldered it and actually I think I could have drilled it a little smaller than the #73 and it would have still been OK I just didn't want to lean it out to much only got about 20-25 miles on this motor.

Man the spark plug boots on these things stink real bad, I've had 2 of them crap out on me a few miles from the house today, but I will have that fixed tomorrow, gonna put an accel 7mm copper core wire on it with he good accel silicone boot, gonna have to replace both of my back engine mount studs tomorrow as well, about 6.5miles from the house today and one of them broke off and that was after my clutch cable broke about a mile back from there, man I was just limping this thing back to the house this evening, but I know now why I have read many times how important it is to replace the soft weak studs on these motors, anyway I'm learning a lot about how to make these little cheap made engines run right and stay together, although a real pain sometimes it is very addicting and fun at the same time, below a pic of the prototype bike I'm dealing with right now, I'm working all my bugs out on this one and when I get this engine running the way I want it to I will be putting it on a new Schwinn LINK 21 speed I bought a few weeks ago, then I will be riding this things about 16 miles one way to work and back this spring and summer on the good days.

Thank you all who have put up with my questions and helped me dig down and figure the carb issue out on this bike thus far. Shan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0070.jpg (521.6 KB, 77 views)