View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Need help with some direction.

I had a four stroke kit (Gasbike $199) on my Point Beach but decided to take if off after riding it a few times. The vibration was too annoying mostly from the high engine rpm. The included sprocket was way too big, it was a 50T and on that bike a 36T would have worked better. One other problem was the kit came with a wide 3 piece crankset that wasn't wide enough. The Point Beach has a single piece crankset and even that wasn't wide enought for this engine and chain reduction. I had to head and bend the cranks out another inch or so on each side. I did like the brakes on the Point beach and it's light weight due to the aluminum frame. I'm installing it on an old steel framed mountain bike now because I can weld on a better engine mount and brackets for the tank, etc. I will say the Point Beach is a nice riding bike though.
Pros: Beach Point, Nice riding, light weight good looking cruiser. Aluminum wheels, good V brakes comfortable.
Cons: wheel and crankset bearings poorly lubricated, fenders flimsy for motorized bike.
Goldwing 1500, Silverwing 600, Schwinn 49