View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Need help with some direction.

1. I would budget 25-40 a month for 2 stroke oil and minor parts like spark plug, chain, etc. If you have money left over each month from that budget save it in case you need a new engine or something big like that.

2. In frame is cheaper and more abundant on the forum so you will find more info about them on here also it will keep the engine heat and exhaust further from your groceries.

3. The stock sprocket is 44T. This should be perfect for you. A lot of guys on here go with a smaller sprocket to get more speed but loose torque.

4. At the bike shop they call Walmart bikes throw away bikes. What they mean is if anything breaks throw it away because it is easier to buy a new one than fix it. They are junk. With that in mind look for a good used bike. Craigs list is great.

Take your time to find a good bike for a good price. Also I don't think it has been mentioned, when looking for a bike make sure the rear hub flange (where the spokes attach) is small enough for the sprocket to fit over. Some newer bikes have larger flanges but most bikes have the smaller flange that will work.

Hope this helps.

BTW this is a summerized version of the original post I lost. If you want more clarification of anything please let me know.