Okay, so I got a bit farther with the bike today.
I wrapped from the header to the start of the expansion chamber w/ exhaust wrap. I mainly did it for the look, but it will keep the heat away from the wires as well. I really like how it turned out.
I also cut/chopped the decorative clam that was originally on the bike under the top tube to allow it to fit with the gas tank. I was hoping to have enough room to hide the cdi in there, but its not going to happen. I had to cut space for the gas tank bolts/clamp and I also had to cut space for the gas tank spout. I swapped out the all black back wheel for a white walled one and trimmed the length/zip tied the cables. The bike is really close to being ridable! Woooohooo