View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default re: How to repaint a bike frame

im agonna post a pic here if i can this was a univega that i bought from the thrift store for 15 bucks, i sanded it by hand starting with # 80 and worked down to 200. one of the mistakes i have made in the past is ignoring the decals, and i mean just painting over them, this bike i used krylon rich plum for the down tubes and xmetals for the rest the whole thing was undercoated with the xmetals silver converter and the tank and forks was done in well im looking at the can and there is no name or number but its purple number one is be patient i have probably 50 hours into this bike40 into taking apart and putting it back together maybe 10 into mounting the mill etc. still not complete but close the pics are not that great and ya its in the house havent had sunshine here for a while so the pics are a little dim even with flash , ya all take care frank for some reason i cant post the pics ill get on this when i have more time ok i think i have this done just had to find the files, you guys are great keep it up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE033.JPG (81.4 KB, 1060 views)
File Type: jpg IMAGE034.JPG (85.9 KB, 1070 views)