View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Hi from New Zealand

Hi Guys

Great forum with lots of great info.

A little bit about me Ė Iím into RC Planes (26cc Ė 80cc) and Motorcycles (650cc & 1000cc) and the fuel prices these days got me looking for ways to save money. I thought about cycling to work, but at 7 miles each way or 3300 miles per year that sounded like too much effort. Soooooo Ö

I bought a 66cc engine to fit to my Marin Nail Trail MTB thinking that the Marin would be ideal with its hydraulic disc brakes to slow it down nicely, but alas I hadnít considered that the new sprocket needed to take over the spot inhabited by the rear disc.

Oh well, plan B, I bought a GT Aggressor MTB and am in the process of fitting the engine to that. Iíve been at it for 8 days so far (only a couple of hours a day mostly) and am thoroughly enjoying myself. Lots of problems along the way, but thatís half of the fun - coming up with the solutions. The main issue Iíve got is fitting the carb into a space thatís too small for it Ė I shouldíve bought a bike with a bigger frame. Never mind Iíll get there. Iíve been taking photos as Iíve been going to put up here, so Iíll do a proper write up with pics when itís done. I just thought Iíd hop on and let you know Iíve been reading your words of wisdom, and thanks for all the great posts.

In the meantime, hereís a pic of where Iím at so far Ö
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0857.JPG (449.1 KB, 55 views)