View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: overwhelmed in michigan

Originally Posted by BudFreed View Post
Cool that is only about 30 min from me. I would be willing to drive down your way if you would have some time to help me. I am assumeing you have built your own bike and have some experence with these. What do you think?
I am sorry, but I haven't done a thing about my bike. Not long after my first post, my son was born and I was dreaming when I thought I was going to have time to work on my bike. I am putting off those plans for a while. My son is 21 months old now and I figure this summer or next and I can get back to my plans. Actually, it was thinking about him that sort of made me rethink and rethink. I am concerned about buying a motor that has a tailpipe, because I do a lot of hauling him around in a bike trailer. So, I was thinking about using an electric hub motor, but those are so darned expensive compared to the others and I am not too sure about the longevity of the battery. I think what I am going to do is buy an inexpensive, good quality second bike and put a motor on that one. What is it that you are looking to do?