View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 12:41 PM
minor bike philosopher
Default re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

Today I was working on the giant mountain bike and I decided to fit the 24" sissy schwinn wheel the the huge mtb even though the tube was missing. I removed the tire as well since it was in the way. You guessed it the rim stip came apart.

I went looking for one but of course the only one I could find was at the bike store and I have already been out today. I began researching and found that many of the bike shops no longer use rim strips as such. they put down two layers of duct tape instead.

I just happened to have a roll of black duct tape. So I started the strip of tape and found it was too wide. I made the end rip and of course a half wide strip rolled off for me. I made one round the started again with the other half. I have a very nice little pad for the tube when it arrives and it doesn't slide around. Far as what I can tell from what I read it will work just fine. I'll let you know if it doesn't
My posts have entertainment value only. A bike ain't yours till it has your blood on it. Then it owns you.