View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Good Kit for a Beginner?

Originally Posted by smokinbenrage View Post
I have had it for about 2 months and I am at my wits end with this darn thing. Everytime I ride it, something breaks. Right now the engine is making a chirping sound so I think the clutch isn't working right. I tried to adjust the clutch cable and the bolt snapped off in the clutch arm since these bolts are such poor quality. The chain tensioner is too big for by bike and it ended up flipping down into the wheel while I was riding it and destroyed my spokes. I decided to try the chain tensioner idea from Tractor Supply Store. I can't figure out how to keep the thing from pulling in towards my fender. Everytime I turn a corner my chain wants to move in towards the wheel and grabs the edge of the rear fender and crawls up it. It has taken a huge chunk ot metal from the fender. I do not know what to do about the problems that I am having with this thing. I have tried to order parts from ThatsDax but his billing system can't verify my card. He seems to be the cheapest supplier of parts around. Everyone wants to charge an arm and a leg for theirs.

I was riding my bike home from work the other day and the chain came completely in front of a bus station... I think it was an omen to start riding the bus to save money on gas.

My issues in a nutshell:
I can't get new parts
I am an idiot when it comes to fixing these things
It is costing me a small fortune to keep repairing this thing
Gas is skyrocketing
It rains too much
Clutch arm bolt broken off in the arm
chain tensioner idea from Tractor Supply is a sham (chain falls off)
I just need to vent my frustration about everything!!!!!

Thanks for listening, any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Dude, it sounds like you are mechanically challenged, maybe this isnt for you. Either that or you bought a lemon. Or both.

I received a Power Kings 80cc (my first motorized bicycle ever) and have put over 250 miles on it with no breakdowns or problems. These engines appear to be pretty reliable if you bought a good one to start with, and they just GO. My only complaint is the noise level, but not much I can do about that 'cept wear ear plugs.