View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Help! Dax shift kit, SBP BB adapter, crank has play!

Originally Posted by Ghost0 View Post
I am sure the 7R spindle will solve your problem but I am still stumped why you have this issue in the first place. It appears that you assembled everything correctly. Dumb question I know but do you have both bearings installed and are they facing the correct direction? Just throwing out ideas.
I don't mind the question, in fact I welcome it, I'd hate to find out it was all because I missed something simple but was too proud to check. But yes I do have both bearings installed, and correctly. I double checked those too during my head scratching session last night.

I will not claim to be an expert, by any means, but I'm pretty good at being able to read about something then apply it. But like I said in my first post, this one has me stumped... Its a 68mm bracket tube, as far as I can tell, everything is installed correctly, also as far as I can tell, and yet, the crank does not fit correctly. I suppose its possible I got the wrong size crank in my kit from Dax, is there a crank shorter then 68mm? Will have to measure the crank, but I'm only on lunch right now, so it will have to wait until I get home tonight.

Thanks again, Ghost!

Last edited by OKflyboy; 02-09-2010 at 01:47 PM.